AMORE TOSCANA - JULY 2011 FINE ART NUDE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
with Bryon Paul McCartney
22. Feb 2011: UPDATE - Due to an overwhelming response, my fine art nude workshops in Tuscany are nearly sold out. We are now in the process of adding new dates, so if you are interested in attending, please let us know so we can contact you directly when the information is available.
Photo workshops are a great way to learn new photography techniques, re-energize your creative approach and fully immerse yourself into the craft of photography. Whether you are just beginning or a seasoned pro, my fine art nude photography workshops give you the possibility to learn fine art nude figure photography in the scenic and inspiring landscapes of San Quirico d’Orcia and southern Tuscany, Italy. Choose from two separate, six-day workshops designed to help you broaden your knowledge and gain experience in fine art nude photography. Each workshop will feature unique and breathtaking locations, experienced models and expert instruction.
Here’s a short video with some highlights from our 2010 Workshop week:
2011 Workshop Details:
Photography Workshop 01: LIGHT, FORM & EXPRESSION July 3 - July 9, 2011
Light, form and expression are the foundations of fine art figure photography. This workshop will help you better understand how to work with these key elements. During shooting sessions you will learn how to “design” your images using natural lighting, posing techniques, light modifying equipment and post-processing techniques. You will also learn how to communicate your ideas to effectively work with and direct your models. We will also talk about where to find inspiration for images and how to get expressive images.
Photography Workshop 02: PERSONAL VISION & PORTFOLIO July 10 - July 16, 2011
Your own unique style does not happen by accident, it must be developed over time and grow as you gain confidence and experience in your photography. In this workshop you will be challenged to explore and investigate your own ideas and intentions towards fine art nude photography. We will discuss and shoot various genres and techniques in fine art nude photography to help you break out of the routine and further refine your own style. By expanding your experiences, you will clearly focus on building up and advancing your own work.
Visit the ViewFinder Center to register or ask a question
- We will stay at a beautiful Tuscan bed and breakfast in the middle of the Val d’Orcia. Spacious apartments provide every student a private bedroom with shared living area, kitchen and bathroom.
- Each workshop is limited to a maximum of eight students (minimum five students) with one model for every two students.
- Every day presents different shooting opportunities, class exercises, demos and discussion, individual coaching and feedback, the emphasis is on shooting with the models and your personal development.
- Our shooting locations include abandoned factories and train stations, natural hot springs, Tuscany’s amazing landscapes and our residence il Poggiolo.
- Sunday welcome dinner and Friday night dinner party with slideshows of students’ work.
- Along with great photography, you will experience the culinary joys of Italian life! San Quirico d’Orcia sits between the wine regions of Montalcino and Montepulciano, with local specialties of hand-made pici pasta, pecorino cheese and some of the best wines in the world.
€2550 per 6-day workshop
€4850 (Save €250) when you register for both workshops
Workshop fees include the following:
- Fees for 6-day Workshop
- Photoshop Digital Processing mini-workshop within a workshop
- Six nights shared accommodation in our Tuscan country house (private room in shared apartment)
- Daily Italian breakfast of fresh fruits, cereals, juice and, of course, cappuccino and espresso
- Group dinners (Monday - Thursday)
- Welcome and Farewell parties (Sunday and Friday nights)
- Model fees and releases
Who Should Attend?
A portfolio or previous experience with models is NOT REQUIRED for the workshop. Past students have included amateurs and working professionals. Students are asked to bring their best photos to share with the group at the beginning of each week during the portfolio review sessions, this requested to give everyone an idea of the images you are currently creating and to discuss your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
Why Should You Attend?
Having attended several photography workshops himself (with instructors such as Andreas H. Bitesnich, Guido Argentini and Philippe Pache), Bryon Paul McCartney takes the workshop experience very seriously. In short, you can be assured that Bryon will challenge you, teach you and guide you to ensure you get the most from this experience. You will develop your fine art nude photography skills through shooting and post-processing your photos, observing others, group discussions and reviews and individual feedback sessions with Bryon. You will be able to fully envelope yourself in fine art nude photography within a small group in a wonderful location. At the end of this experience, you will walk away with fantastic memories and a wealth of ideas and inspirations for new projects, but most importantly, you will also have many new images from your time in Tuscany.
Some of the key points that set us apart:
Models - My workshops attract world-class, experienced models, with one model for every two students.
You shoot - Every day. With time to work with models on your own or in pairs, you won’t be squeezed in the crowd around one model trying to get a shot. And you won’t find yourself standing around watching demos while your camera sits in the bag.
Personal attention - With a limit of 8 students per workshop week, each student gets personal attention, including time to review, discuss and develop ideas, as well as select and process images with expert guidance.
San Quirico d’Orcia is located in southern Tuscany, in the center of the famed region that produces Brunello di Montalcino and Rosso di Montepulciano wines. This area includes some stunning landscapes and the most scenic views in all of Tuscany. Cuisine is also a favorite topic of the area and during the week, we will certainly dine and drink heartily. We will also venture from our home-base at il Poggiolo to several locations that offer a wide range of inspiration–from the natural beauty of the hot springs of Bagni San Filippo to the spirit of a lost era at an abandoned terra cotta factory.
Each year, we are pleased to have an outstanding line-up of models who each have their own unique look and style. Working with such quality and experienced models allows for creative collaboration throughout your photographic exploration. As of the end of January, we have confirmed the following models for our Summer 2011 workshops. Personally, I am really excited to have these great models joining us this year:
July 10-16, 2011
Bryon Paul McCartney is an award-winning fine art nude photographer based in Zürich, Switzerland. Bryon has over 20 years experience in digital imaging and he has worked as a creative director for various brands and companies, including Elizabeth Arden Cosmetics and Calvin Klein Fragrances. Since 2003, he has worked as a full-time commercial and fine art photographer. Bryon’s work has earned him first place awards in competitions such as the International Photography Awards (IPA) and the Prix de la Photographie Paris (PX3) and publication in books and magazines, including Carrie Leigh’s NUDE, Digital Photograpgher UK, Petter Hegre’s The New Nude and Labb Magazine. Bryon has extensive experience as a photography instructor and is the director of the ViewFinder Center for Photography, based in Switzerland.
Immediately preceding our Fine Art Nude Photography workshop 01, we will hold our travel photography workshop Beyond Postcards: Life and Landscape in Tuscany (June 26 - July 2).